Attendance and Illness - September 2020
The Government has made it clear that school is the best place for children and attendance is
mandatory. However, the most important thing to remember in this pandemic is please do not bring your child to school if:
- s/he has one of the symptoms of Covid 19;
- or you are isolating;
- or because someone in your household is showing symptoms of COVID-19;
because someone in your household has tested positive.
*DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD INTO SCHOOL
IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR THE RESULTS OF YOUR COVID 19 TEST*
What to do if your child is
- Telephone the school on the first day of your child’s absence to let us know why your child is not in
- If your child has an appointment please show the appointment card to school BEFORE taking them. Your
child is only allowed time off school to attend the appointment. They should come to school before and return to school as soon as possible after the appointment.
- If you wish to apply for a planned absence from school you must fill in an ‘ABSENCE REQUEST FORM’ and
explain your reasons for the absence. Absence requests will only be considered under exceptional circumstances.
Godfrey Ermen Contact Telephone Number is:
1489 (texts only)
For more information on the School Policy for attendance see below:-